Veterans Service Officer
The County Veteran's Service Office was created by state statute to assist veterans and their dependents in times of need, or to file for all County, State or Federal benefits earned by virtue of the military veteran's service to a grateful Nation and the State of Nebraska. The Veteran's Service Officer serves under the direction of the Veteran's Service Committee appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Veteran's Service is accomplished by:
- Providing assistance and counseling to veterans and their families.
- Being sensitive and helpful to veterans/dependents in their time of need.
- Serving as trusted and respected partner in collaboration with other agencies when assisting veterans.
- Maintaining the highest level of training and education to best serve veterans.
- Assisting veterans with GI loans, military records, and MY Healthy E vet on the internet.
- Initiating and completing claims to be submitted to the VA Regional Office, Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs, or appropriate other agencies with accuracy and professionalism.