Renee E. Thies
The Sheridan County Treasurer’s Office is located on the main floor of the Courthouse. It is the first office on your right when you come in the front door. This is the place to go if you want to pay your taxes or register an automobile or boat.
The County Treasurer is elected to a four year term by the voters of Sheridan County and may run for additional terms. As an elected official the Treasurer answers directly to the citizens of the county.
- Collect all revenues for the County
- Bill and collect all real estate and personal taxes in the county
- Disburse collections to the proper political subdivisions
- Register all motor vehicles with tax situs in the County
- Issue driver licenses, C.D.L.'s, learner permits, school permits, etc.
- Applicants for drivers licenses must see the examiner first
- You may renew your expiring Nebraska license within 90 days (not three months) prior to the expiration date. If you move to a new address, you should update your Nebraska license within 60 days. Examiners are at the Courthouse every Wednesday. 8:45 - 12:00. and 12:45 - 4:00.
- Taxes for both Real Estate and Personal Property are due December 31st.
- 1st half is delinquent the following May 1
- 2nd half is delinquent the following September 1
- 14% statutory interest rate is charged on delinquencies